ColorCorrect.dlm What is it, as it is missing!

acjwalker

Its a material plugin, its to allow color corrections in the material editor. Widely used a few years ago for LWF. You may be able to open up the file and reassign materials (and reset the material editor), resave as a different file name and have your file work just fine. Its essentially a missing map...except map channel that references a script for color corrections, so the map is referencing an uninstalled file.

I didnt know of any memory leak. I used to use it, but it was a bit of a quirky workaround for LWF.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I'm having the same problem. Although mine is (I think) a bit more complicated. I imported an object to my scene. This object obviously used colorcorrect plugin for some reason. And now I come across this annoying message every time I open my file. I tried applying a different material to the object, I even deleted the object from my scene, but the annoying message remains.

I cannot even install and uninstall the colorcorrect plugin, since I use 3DS Max 2011 64-bit and the plugin is not supported. Is there any way I can get rid of it without messing my scene?

• 2 months later...
I cannot even install and uninstall the colorcorrect plugin, since I use 3DS Max 2011 64-bit and the plugin is not supported. Is there any way I can get rid of it without messing my scene?

Did you ever figure out how to remove the warning? I have this popping up in my current scene and it causes the scene to take roughly 15 minutes to save.....it's only a 168MB file. I installed the 2009 version of the ColorCorrection plug-in. Hopefully I can get the message to go away and then merge the entire file into a new scene. Thanks.

Actually I did manage to remove the warning..

The ColorCorrect plugin was applied to one of the maps in my scene. And although I deleted the object, the map remained in my scene. So (if I remember correctly, since it's been a while since I did it), I just created a new Vray Material, opened the diffuse map slot and browsed to the scene materials (which now contains all the scene maps). Somewhere in there I found the map causing all the problem (I believe it says 'ColorCorrect' inside brackets so that you can find it). I loaded it, and just changed it with a simple bitmap..

I don't know though if this has anything to do with long saving times, since this didn't happen to me. The one time I had such an issue, I found out that it was my fault. I had made an original object and 22 more instances, and when I applied the material, instead of applying only to the original object, I applied it to ALL 23 object (stupid, I know). And this messed up the whole scene..

I could be off-topic there, but just thought I should share, in case anyone else has the same problem...

I uninstalled the color correction plug-in after installing it off of the website that Tommy posted. The warning went away and it has yet to pop up when I opened the file from a fresh restart. I couldn't find any (ColorCorrection) indicated within the scene materials in the browser. I did however, apply a default gray material to all of the objects, deleted any path leading to materials and resaved the scene. I am trying to merge objects from the master file piece by piece into a new file and it is getting hung up on something. I just merged in the walls from the master at 16kb and it is already up to 12 minutes and counting to save a new file. What can I do to ensure that no garbage is being dragged along with whenever I am merging? Thanks.

I just ran this script posted by DavistAlexander on the forum and it helped my scene out dramatically. It went from an 18 minute save time to just under a minute.

while (numNoteTRacks TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager > 0) do deleteNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager (getNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager 1)

• 1 month later...

JOPHUS14, i'm having the same problem,, I'm getting crazy, i also put applied a gray material to all objects and the warning disappeared but i'm still having the problem, it's consuming too much ram and it takes too much to save and the file hasn't to much polygons. i tried to run the script you wrote, but nothing happened, did u type it well? I'll appreciate your help.