triangulation view help

sygboe

Hello,

can anyone help me please?

In 3ds max 2011. I can't seem to turn off the triangulation view.

This plane (or any object) shows all the triangulation, and it's distracting and confusing when modeling. can i turn it off? (sorry it wont let me attach the image right now).

also i used to be able to select a poly in shaded or wireframe mode and the whole poly highlighted red. I only seem to get an outline now.

could anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong here please?

thanks

Hey man,

I had that problem using directx 10. if you are using it, switch to directx 9 . with directx9, you can configure it not to display all triangles and it works, as opposed to 10, where even unchecked, the triangles still show. about the shaded faces, try hitting f4 or right clicking on the viewport title's plus sign, select configure and on the right side, check "shade selected faces"

Hey man,

I had that problem using directx 10. if you are using it, switch to directx 9 . with directx9, you can configure it not to display all triangles and it works, as opposed to 10, where even unchecked, the triangles still show. about the shaded faces, try hitting f4 or right clicking on the viewport title's plus sign, select configure and on the right side, check "shade selected faces"

Once you've reverted to DX9, doesn't F2 work to toggle red face/red edges?

• 11 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm also getting this triangulation in Direct X 10, but only on the helper objects. When I switch back to DX9 my viewport performance is awful. This is happening in Max 2011. Is there really no way to turn this off in DX10?

edit: It was the video card. nvidia quadro nvs 295, looked like a Cracker Jack toy. Swapped in a honkin' geForce something-rather and now it's smooth butter :)

Edited by pacermike