Vray Multiscatter creation of large city scene

adyone

Hello to everyone!

I've been trying to find a good strategy to create a large city scene inside 3ds max 2011 64 and Vray 1.5 sp5, with lots of vegetation,buildings and real terrain topography. The project is an architectural city landscape planning, so accuracy concerning the -near to the camera- elements is needed.

I ve been thinking to start placing the vegetation near the camera with Vray proxies(3d trees and plants) with Multiscatter on the topography, also extrude the buildings and place them on the toposurface .The question is, if there is a way to create the background city buildings(simple extrudes) also with Vray proxies, but based on the real to world Autocad plan..I know there is a way to work with boundaries in Multiscatter, but I am not sure about this workflow.

The simple one, but "extremely heavy" solution (because of the size of the model) is to extrude the background buildings as well,place them on the toposurface and then try to be hopeful.(I would try to avoid this);)

does anybody have any suggestions for a workflow or any experience on working with large scale city scenes?

I7 3.2Ghz, 16gigs of ram on Windows 7 64 bit

thnx a lot

• 2 weeks later...

Well i'm not really sure whats your problem here. You'd have to import autocad 3d models, if they already exist, or use plans to create those buildings, than use multiscatter to distribute them somehow? As far as i know MS has "random" and a couple of other settings, but apart from that if you want to distribute objects you simply use separate planes according to your plans.

Am not sure you can tell MS to distribute really neatly and according to plans tho, like for a cityscape...