VRAY rendering all black

Neblin

Hi guys!

New here and already having problems haha! :) Hopefully you can help me out. I have to render this building, the courtyard in particular (as shown in the camera view). I'd like to have it as though sunlight went through the holes present in the façade, producing clear, strong shadows... however, whenever I render the scene in Vray, I get a black render window :( I've tried the default scanline renderer and mentalray, and both show some results (although not what I'm looking for, at least it's not black!) I've also tried making the lights cast vray shadows, used vray materials... nothing.

BTW I'm using vray 1,50 sp4 and 3dsmax 2010. Any help is more than welcome!

Here's the link to my .max file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDQ3ZIVT

Cheers, I'm really desperate!

Neblin

Hi guys!

New here and already having problems haha! :) Hopefully you can help me out. I have to render this building, the courtyard in particular (as shown in the camera view). I'd like to have it as though sunlight went through the holes present in the façade, producing clear, strong shadows... however, whenever I render the scene in Vray, I get a black render window :( I've tried the default scanline renderer and mentalray, and both show some results (although not what I'm looking for, at least it's not black!) I've also tried making the lights cast vray shadows, used vray materials... nothing.

BTW I'm using vray 1,50 sp4 and 3dsmax 2010. Any help is more than welcome!

Here's the link to my .max file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDQ3ZIVT

Cheers, I'm really desperate!

Neblin

1. Move your camera out of a wall.

2. Remove the lights and replace them with vray sun, or at least adjust the angle,

3. Use vray physical camera and no exposure control

4. Turn GI ON

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41040[/ATTACH]

Hope that helps

Thanks very much for your reply and effort :) I'm trying your suggestions right now. However, I'm looking for an image with stronger, more defined shadows... the kind that appear when sun shines through a window, like this:

http://www.jupiterimages.com/Image/royaltyFree/76808304

Still messing around with vray and lights, but not any results yet...

Any more suggestions? Cheers!

Neblin

Thanks very much for your reply and effort :) I'm trying your suggestions right now. However, I'm looking for an image with stronger, more defined shadows... the kind that appear when sun shines through a window, like this:

http://www.jupiterimages.com/Image/royaltyFree/76808304

Still messing around with vray and lights, but not any results yet...

Any more suggestions? Cheers!

Neblin

If you want to have a sharper light/shadows, change the shadow bias in vray sun to 100

Well, maciejwypych did what you told me and this is what came out,[ATTACH=CONFIG]41041[/ATTACH]

clearly not what I was going for :) So there's something I'm doing wrong, obviously. I'm almost 100% sure it's something to do with the light. Would it be asking too much if you could upload the .max file you did for the render you posted on your previous reply so I could see how you placed the lights?

Thanks!

Neblin

Changed 3 direct lights for a Daylight System set to manual to move at same angle of 3 directs. Changed Sun to VraySun and accepted Vraysky map option. Moved VraySky from Max Environment to Vray GI Skylight override. Created a Vray material 128 gray and applied to all. Created Vray Physical camera somewhere were Cam 1 was and Enabled VFB . Arrived at camera F-stop=8, SS=10 and ISO=100. Also turned off the max Exposure control as suggested early.

Maybe some of this helps…

editt*** add one textured

Edited by Ismael
Add Textured model