Corrupt File?

epelj1

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, as I'd call it a technical problem, but that forum seemed more geared towards physical technical things.

I'm using 3DS Design 2011 with Vray 1.5.

After a crash, the file wouldn't open, nor would any of the autosaves. Trying on another computer once at home, it opened just fine. This morning, tried it again in the office, and it acted as though it opened it, but wouldn't show anything. So, I saved-as, and re-opened. At that point, the file opened, but all of my cameras and some of my lights were missing targets, and self-targeted towards 0,0,0.

I did not notice yesterday at home if the cameras / lights were having issues or not.

Replacing these isn't that big of a deal, but I was wondering if anyone had ever had this problem, and if so, what might have caused it?

Thanks,

Jason

Hey man, sorry to hear of your troubles.

I actually had similar problem the other day. With me though only the original file was corrupted, not the autosaves. If I were you I would reinstall Design (and VRay for that matter), and maybe save the files on a different hard drive in future although the second suggestion might not be needed.

And by the way- what was the nature of the crash? Was it something that might have damaged the HDD? If so- I would use a professional tool to check its integrity.

Cheers and good luck.