Hiding Objects in C4D

Hi Guys,

I am user of 3Dsmax and now learning C4D.

I would like to know if there is an option to hide objects in C4D as we do in Max.

In Max we have an option to HIDE Unselected object irrespective of its family structure and more over the selection window does not show the objects which are Hidden. This helps us to easyily select the required objects.

Where as in C4D, we can Hide the objects by Family, but they are still visible in the Object Browser.

If there is a possiblity of not having the hidden objects appearing in the Object Browser, it would be easier.

Can anyone give me suggestions...

Thanks

manepalli

nope. they'll still appear in the object browser even tho they appear hidden in the scene. just one way c4d is different than max.

im a long time max user too, but you'll get used to c4d's ways.

you could always create a new null object that contains all hidden stuff. that way only one entry (the null object) will appear in the object browser.

• 3 months later...

I guess the important thing here is not if they show up in the object browser but in the viewport, in order to pick another objects.

One of the disadvantages that max has is that if you require them to appear again you have to look in the right side tab and unhide all or the last object hidden.. It seems more practical to have them appear as a list but not in the viewport, if you want them to appear again just click on the little grey dots, and voilá.