Importing a CAD File into 3dS MAX problems :(

Mr.Rodi

Hey guys, Ive just signed up to the community.

Ive been using 3ds MAX for a few years now and am quite capable in the software for animation and modelling. but I have never worked on a building visualisation but have found the subject interesting.

My friend and house mate is a student in architectural technology and has created a building in AUTO CAD, now I am a complete noob to this but from researching and knowing that both software's are AUTODESK, thus making them compatible for this field of work.

Following some guides online I took his file and tried to go File - Import then select the file, which is saved as a .DWG File.

When I hit ok, I get a dialog box with an error message saying

"The error code reported is eNotImplementedYet" I havent found anything online which answers this error code in 3ds max.

As a clarification of software I am using 3ds Max design 2009 and my friend is using autocad architecture 2011..

Now is this a problem in being his version is younger? If so is there a different save format my friend needs to use to make this compatible with 3ds max 2009?? If so what format must he save in.

I would much appreciate it if anybody would be willing to reply to this, thankyou.

Matt Rodi