Scenery: Terragen or iToo Forest Pack + Ozone5 or Vue Xtreme

My First post so big hello from Trinidad & Tobago :-)

I'm interested in adding green scenery to my scenes also realistic skys. I understand any of the above software is good at that but what if I also wanted to include real map data of an actual place.

For example if I wanted to recreate the landscape of a Hawaiian coastline what would be my best option.

I understand Terrargen give this option but I'd really like software that's integrated with Max 2012

Also have Vray2

I hear Vue is good but the downside it's slow plus expensive if you want to create your own renderfarm

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Edited by renderclipps

Hi Eric! I started using Itoosoft's Forest Pack Pro in January this year with Vray, and I am very happy with it. Forest Pack and Multiscatter don't create landscape/scenery (landscapes/seascapes)...they are products that make placing plants and trees (and other site components like rocks, boulders, etc.) very easy and manageable. The fact that they work directly in the Max environment as a plugin is great. I recommend you download and try out Forest Pack Lite...give it a whirl and see if it suits your needs [NOTE: They may still be working on recompiling Forest Park Lite to be compatible with Max 2012].

Terragen and Vue are scenery creation tools, and therefore have more features/capabilities than plant/object placement tools like Forest Pack and Multiscatter. Scenery creation isn't something I need at the moment, so Forest is working great for my needs. In fact I am really happy with all of Itoosoft's plugins; especially Rail Clone Pro. Hope that helps and welcome to CGarchitect!

Edited by David Arbogast