Max 2012 Backburner issues

ivanjay

Hi all,

We just started deploying Max Design 2012. No issues on the installations but I cannot get backburner to connect anymore. Settings are all the same as previously...

When I click connect on automatic search it says Manager Not Found.

I try putting in the specific IP address and still no luck.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

What version of BB is running on the manager? We basically skipped 2011 so the workstation / manager had BB2008.1 (from 3ds Max 2010). Unfortunately that meant the manager wasn't compatible with 2012 and had to have a hotfix applied.

This hotfix for 3ds Max / Design 2010 worked for us: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15302431&linkID=9241178

had to set up as the direct machine name also, there isn't a way to set the netmask for the queue monitor automatic search anymore. (we need 255.255.0.0 to be able to find it.)

Everything appears to work fine, even though theres quite a bit of warnings popping up about obsolete plugins.

Thère`s a thread on the Area about this. It`s because BB2012 defaults to ipv6, and most networks are ipv4. The solution involves deactivating ipv6 in Windows device manager, or something like that. Go see the thread for better info.

Thère`s a thread on the Area about this. It`s because BB2012 defaults to ipv6, and most networks are ipv4. The solution involves deactivating ipv6 in Windows device manager, or something like that. Go see the thread for better info.

Naming the computer doesnt work. I tried that. I will look for the ip v6 thread. That sounds like it might be it.

• 11 months later...