what technique is used in this image??

archigem

Hi everyone. I just get an inquiry about the rendering which is attached with this msg. Can someone please tell me how to achieve this look? or is it just the work of some good photoshop artists? :confused: I think they used the line work from the 3d software and then painted it on photo shop with the help of wacom. Please suggest!

Thanks Maxer. Actually many people are thinking that this is an alternate for the 3d render and cheaper and faster. which in my opinion is not completely true. It can be faster.. but only when the artist is fast and good.. but in that case the costing must be increased. I don't know why people can't understand that nothing great can be achieved without the hard work and talent (weather it's hand render or computer generated image). And hard work must be paid. :-) thanks any way.

Edited by archigem

Hello friend,

Thanks for this questions about this image. I think this can make in good looking by using photo shop and the work can do very quick by changing the upper position with more glazy golden color and the backside of the image color also transparent with light gray color. please let me know about my idea if you can get help.

Thanking you,

Have a nice day.

For a zoomed in look, this looks like it was done old school with marker and gouache. There are techniques to achieve this in Photoshop or Painter with a Wacom, but I really think this is done by hand.

For a zoomed in look, this looks like it was done old school with marker and gouache. There are techniques to achieve this in Photoshop or Painter with a Wacom, but I really think this is done by hand.

Sounds like an interesting study (for another forum perhaps). Sort of the sister to the old Photo or Render websites which would be a Hand Rendered or Computer Rendered site.

-Brodie

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing with ArtRage on my Ipad2 lately and find this to be a great tool to do 'hand' rendering sketches. You can import your linework as a layer and then watercolor right over it and the amazing thing is that its in your hand just like a sktechbook. I find it even better then using a Wacom.

Looks Like Ernest Burden like work ..... Search the CGA forums, he had a while back discussions about some of his his techniques - very valuable stuff.

Many layered and applied techniques to achieve this level of work from 3D renders in my humble experience