New Website Launched-Asylum Studio

Arnold Sher

Arnold I am familiar with you on these forums and I think highly of your work so I feel I would be doing you an injustice if I wasnt completely honest with you about your site. I couldn't really look at it for any length of time because the images shifting direction left me with motion sickness.... and I am not being sarcastic with that remark, i mean I literally had to close the webpage because I felt nauseous after a few shifting motions. I am probably an exception to the rule as I get motion sick quite easily sometimes... but I would be interested to see if anyone else gets the same effect. However if you want my honest advice I would suggest making the images fade slightly instead of sliding all the time.

Other than the sliding, your site seemed slick :)

yeh i had to turn it off as well....lose the motion sick feel

too cluttered for my liking as well

also isnt functional - if i click on the images nothing happens? i expect to go to a link with that image rather than trying to find the menu grey in the top right of the screen.

you have some great looking work but your website needs alot of work on functionality and design to do teh quality of your work justice imo.

i would start again

Ouch...:) I would disagree with you guys just on the basis that before we've launched the website we've had tested for about a month with our various clients and this is the first time i am hearing of it. Strange... Anyway, feedback appreciated and we shall have a look at it with my developers to see what we can do... Thanx guys...

I also clicked on the animated splash image several time, expecting something to happen. When you click on it, something should happen, even if it is just your portfolio sub-menu that rolls out. Right now it feels broken because it doesn't make anything happen.

I also feel there is a disjointed feel between the initial splash page, then the small stacked square images, and then switching to a horizontal scrolling layout for the images.

It feels like you used 3 different widgets for the content browser.

I think a more successful method might be to stick to the concept of the horizontal browsing at each stage, and then make the next stage feel like you are moving deeper into a subset of the same method of browsing, instead of moving to a different concept for the browsing.

The flipping images didn't really bother me, although it is unusual and a bit jerky. I would agree with Travis about the flash logo though. When I click it it just refreshes the page. I'm not sure what it should do, anything would be a bit of a surprise, particularly if it took you away from that page. Perhaps it could have a tooltip to clue you in on what you're about to get yourself into by clicking it. Perhaps it could override the flipping animation so you could control when the flip happens.

-Brodie

Like most new styles of web design out there, it takes time to adjust to it. Overall, you've conquered the idea of uniqueness which I commend. However, adding simple enhancements like a rollover image (adding an "Enter" text on the rollover) to your logo or allowing someone to click anywhere on the pop-up enlarged images to close them would help out the user experience without denigrating the overall design.

A few questions I have are more about the "reach" of the site. I see you have a Facebook link, but have you considered adding "like" and "tweet" buttons (or an overall "share" button)? What about search engine optimization? And how does the site look on the smartphone / tablet?