Looking for a set of tutorials to learn how to complete a full building.

R.Stewart

Hello,

I really want to learn how to model in 3ds max and I can't find a good book or set of tutorials to take me through a full project. I can model little interiors but I need to learn how to do the outside of buildings as well.

I know there's the 3dats full project but I need something a bit more modern.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

P.S. It must be for mental ray

Thank you very much!! :cool:

Hi Richard,

There is no such book. Our Intermediate to Advanced book covers just about everything you need to know about modeling buildings and there really isn't anything that I can think of that our books don't cover regarding the production process.

As for the non-modern nature of One Project, we could have used the exact same tools and features to produce a building of any kind. We just used this project because it allows us to demonstrate more artistic styles and difficult procedures that clients have come to expect in the boring visualization project.

Hey thanks for the reply Brian. That's a good thing I have that book sitting right next to me ready to go!! :cool: I just finished the first one and can't wait to get stuck into the next and the next and then complete the full project.

I'm studying at the moment so time is an issue. I have to build a commercial model to animate next semester so I was hoping to have a bit of a guide for it as we don't learn to model in max. Everyone else is using revit so I guess I'll just do the same and learn max when I have the time. You know, in case I spend my holidays trying to make a max model and it turns out to be a disaster.

Love your work Brian. Your books rule!