Match Vrayphysical camera with Sketchup camera?

nickdk

I know how to create a new camera from "view" but it doesn't give very good results, is there a way to match the views better?

I prefer to fine tune the views in SU and then swap the cameras in Max but it doesn't seem to work too well. I usually use a wide angle lens in SU.

I'll try to adjust the focal length in max :)

The reason I don't like to adjust it in max is that i find the navigation extremely hard to control, maybe there's something i can adjust, but for example 1 little scroll on my mouse can often zoom straight through my model, i don't know how to fine tune/navigate in max. When entering max from SU it's a very different world. Are there any setting you would recommend that I change to make the navigation more gentle?

thank you for the reply!

Yeah, sometimes this can happen. I'm not sure why. There are two ways you can make it easier, one would be to move the camera in an orthographic viewport i.e. top or front while viewing the result in the camera viewport.

Another would be to use walkthrough mode, which you can find by clicking and holding on the hand symbol then selecting the footprint symbol that pops up. This allows you to use the mouse to look around the scecne and move your position using the arrow buttons on the keyboard. Holding the middle mouse button and moving the mouse will allow you to move vertically up and down.