Quadro 4000 issue - 3dsMax performance driver doesn't see my quadro 4000

Hello,

I post this thread because I didn't find an answer on the web until now, perhaps one of you has a solution.

I bought a quadro 4000 and I cannot use the perfomance driver for max, and I must say that I bought this board because of this feature. If I cannot use this feature, then it is a problem and perhaps a waste of money, and I've been reading reviews and comments about the benefit and improvements of this dirver.

When I try to install the driver, it says to me that it "doesn't find a quadro or quadro fx board on the system", which is not true, because everything, from windows to max itself are seeing it and my computer is working in harmony with the quadro 4000.

Then, when I start max, the driver fails to load.

I tried the latest drivers (13.00.01 and 13.00.04) and... same problem. Also, I tried an old driver provided with the install cd, it was not compatible.

I uploaded screenshots.

My config

evga sr-2 mb

2 xeon 5650

48gb ram

1 quadro 4000

1 gtx 560 2gb

Thank you.

Edited by boumay

Steve, it should be working so I am a bit dumbfounded on your screens. The only thing I can suggest is to use driver sweeper and uninstall the current drivers you have.Re-download them from nvidia's website and reinstall.

Give this a try and let us know.

Thank you for answering

The problem is that I've reinstalled the driver several times, and even install the last two version, both downloaded from nvidia, so I don't know... I want to contact nvidia directly, is there a email they respond quickly, I've emailed PNY yesterday, waiting for answer.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I post this thread because I didn't find an answer on the web until now, perhaps one of you has a solution.

I bought a quadro 4000 and I cannot use the perfomance driver for max, and I must say that I bought this board because of this feature. If I cannot use this feature, then it is a problem and perhaps a waste of money, and I've been reading reviews and comments about the benefit and improvements of this dirver.

When I try to install the driver, it says to me that it "doesn't find a quadro or quadro fx board on the system", which is not true, because everything, from windows to max itself are seeing it and my computer is working in harmony with the quadro 4000.

Then, when I start max, the driver fails to load.

I tried the latest drivers (13.00.01 and 13.00.04) and... same problem. Also, I tried an old driver provided with the install cd, it was not compatible.

I uploaded screenshots.

My config

evga sr-2 mb

2 xeon 5650

48gb ram

1 quadro 4000

1 gtx 560 2gb

Thank you.

+1 as I recently tried to download the latest max drivers for my FX3400 with the same result.

any update boumay?

my specs:

xp 32

quadro fx 3400

sorry tecton3d I don't have any update since I gave up using the performance driver since 3ds max 2012 because, with the nitrous viewport you have a very good viewport experience and I don't think performance drivers will do better than that. Also, I read on the viewport related thread on this site, that the performance, nor the quadro itself btw, seems to do better, in general, than the geforce series, and even the geforce series sometimes beat the quadro, in viewport performance I mean, not in the options that provide the quadro series, which have a bunch of valuable options for users that need them As for me I don't need but the viewport performance and I regret that I bought this board at such a price and don't have a better viewport experience than my geforce gtx 560. The reason I bought the quadro 4000 was because I've read so many threads where users were saying that the new geforces such as the gtx 470 or 580 or the like had a really poor viewport performance, laggy etc, and were performing less than old geforces like 8800 etc. I was afraid so prefered to go with quadro 4000 to be sure. I also bought a gtx 560 at the same time and, I was disappointed to see than the quadro was not performing better than the gtx, even concerning the display quality (I had bugs on objects with in shaded mode when you zoom out on a big architectural scene with a geforce m310 on my laptop for example, which I saw also with the quadro?!) ... ;(

If someone can explain to us how to benefit from our quadro better than we do until now, it would be a valuable information, such as how to enhance the viewport display quality, improve performance, etc.

Edited by boumay