See all of the 3D awards Submissions

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

Hi all,

Here are the pages to view all of the submissions made to this year's 3dawards. Enjoy! There are some really great pieces in here if you take the time to sift through.

http://3dawards.cgarchitect.com/entries/index/image

http://3dawards.cgarchitect.com/entries/index/film

http://3dawards.cgarchitect.com/entries/index/realtime

Edited by Jeff Mottle

Yep I too was waiting for others to comment before passing my own thoughts. I don't really feel like I should comment as I didn't enter, but I do think that there were easily enough good entries to not have 3 people take up 5 places. Anyway, it's finished now, hopefully can submit my own next year.

Some great stuff in there.... can definately see some inspirational images to aspire to for future work.

Jeff.... is this link going to remain active or is there a lifespan on these being posted?

Definatly, it would take hours to gather in all the great details, lighting, compositions etc. Leading up to this point I had the impression that no one was submitting for the awards; and makes me wonder how does this years number of submissions compare to previous years??

It also helps appreciate and understand the selections this year and why they were selected

• Administrators

Here are the stats

843 images

104 animations

24 real-time

828 images

65 animations

28 real-time

1000 images

139 animations

28 real-time

799 images

221 animations

This year we had a decent number of submissions in the end, but they came in the latest ever. over 70% of the submissions came in the last few days. Stressful. The average level of quality was lower than previous year this year, but the higher end were of comparable quality. I think the reason we saw the selections we did is that the judges were looking for something different and unique in a field of work that while good is nothing new.

This year we had a decent number of submissions in the end, but they came in the latest ever. over 70% of the submissions came in the last few days. Stressful. The average level of quality was lower than previous year this year, but the higher end were of comparable quality. I think the reason we saw the selections we did is that the judges were looking for something different and unique in a field of work that while good is nothing new.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly after browsing through the submittals