White splotches with vray rendering???

dominicknack

Hello... Im a vray noob, but im willing to learn... I am tyring to render the church of light by Tadao Ando, i use irradiance map and light cache, but then i got these white splotches upon rendering. I have tried with many different values of the irradiance map settings, but to no avail... could this be related to vray sun parameters? can someone guide me?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43430[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43431[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's the GI caustics. Try turning them off.

Besides, I think you should be using EITHER GI caustics, or V-Ray caustics; not both. But try to avoid GI caustics anyway, as they can be a pain.

I try to never use a value higher than 50 for the irradiance map hemisphere subdivisions, and my renderings look clean. You can also usually get away with 500 or less, for the light cache subdivisions.

A good way to troubleshoot these things, is to turn features off, one at a time, until the problem stops. You can then start to narrow it down. So you could start by turning off GI. If that does it, then turn it back on, and turn off the irradiance map. If that fixes it, then you know it's the irradiance map, and you keep going from there. But try what I suggested, first.