Sweep Modifier (3ds Max)

COLNAGOBOY

http://www.ronenbekerman.com/making-of-cutipol-house-3d-render-by-marcus-dallmann/

I was following this tutorial and wondering how to use Sweep Modifier to make the overflow of the swimming pool.

I'd appreciate it if someone can help me understand how to use Sweep Modifier to model the grill (overflow).

Thank you

Edited by COLNAGOBOY

Link not working... :(

Sorry, for some reason a web link cannot be pasted correctly on this forum. The domain address was swapped with cgarchitect.com automatically.

(Attached with the correct web link with a text file)

I was following this tutorial and wondering how to use Sweep Modifier to make the overflow of the swimming pool.

I'd appreciate it if someone can help me understand how to use Sweep Modifier to model the grill (overflow).

Thank you

Edited by COLNAGOBOY

Not sure what u need to know?

The edges (top) of the poly mesh (the cut out area) was selected, right clicked and and select "create shape". The shape is then selected and a sweep modifier is added. The profile of the sweep you either draw yourself, or use the modiefier's own profile. Nothing special in his sweep, its just 2 shapes (rectangular) that are offset from each other and sweeped, with a poly in the middle for the "gridd" which looks like a map of some sort.

Edited by marius e

Thank you marius e,

Could you elaborate a little bit more on your last description?

I understand how you create the channel by selecting a path & a profile,

but I don't understand how 2 rectangular that are offset from each other and swept,

to create the lid of the overflow part. Thanks in advance.