sRGB vs RGB

Hi.

I got this problem with the colors between 3ds Max and Photoshop.

I haven't figured it out yet so lets try ask you people.

The problem is that the rendered picture in Max doesn't look the same in Photoshop when I open it there.

The picture loose alot of the yellow colors and get alot more green and it also loose some of the contrast and details.

I have read about the Working Spaces in PS. That the RGB should be set to sRGB IEC.

And every picture from MAX has always looked different.

But now I found out that with Monitor RGB in the RGB working space, they look exactly the same.

And it has always been the same problem saving .jpgs from Photoshop. When I look at them in Windows picture program, they are very dark with all the colors messed up.

And now I saved the JPGs with the same RGB monitor setting as in the working space RGB. And then they look exactly the same there as in Photoshop and in Max.

So... Why are people talking about sRGB as the best choice and the right way to go?

What have I missed.

It work really well with the Monitor RGB setting for this computer but I'm unsure how the picture will look at the clients screens.

So please tell me if Monitor RGB is wrong to work with this way.

And if so. How do I get the renders from Max to look the same in PS?

I added two pictures. One saved with sRGB and one with Monitor RGB.

But they looked the same here on internet? I'm soo confused.

Edited by Lundbergarn

Hi,

"How do I get the renders from Max to look the same in PS?"

I had the same problem today.The rendered image didn't look the same as in PS or in Windows picture program.Then i clicked "display colors in sRGB space" at the bottom of the v-ray frame buffer and the rendered image in Max looked mostly the same as in PS.But it is not exactly the same in PS.The image looks a bit lighter in PS.