Vray render - noise issue - please help

john2000

Hello,

I am trying to create a clean render but I am experiencing a lot of noise as you can see.

(please see attached). I decided to use brute force to try and solve the issue.

Here are my settings

Primary bounce: Brute force

Secondary bounce: brute force

Subdivis: 50 Secondary bounces:3

Adaptive amount: 0.9

Noise Threshold: 0.001[ATTACH=CONFIG]43695[/ATTACH]

The lower half of the roof has a stucco bump map it - bump isn't that much

The other thing I thought could be effecting it is the grass - I haven't rendered out much grass before.

Any help would be most appreciated - Thank you

Using sharpening filters like mitchel or catmul make the nose more apparent with brute force. Its a method I'd never use though, as it takes so much time. But if you really want to stick with it, increase the max subdivision in the image sampler. Don't go too high though, it will take forever to render.

Yea I too would use IR & LC, and try using the colour threshold (untick "use DMC sampler thresh" in vray DMC image sampler) and set the clr thresh to 0.001. This should give a noiseless render.

Noise can also be generated in numerous ways though, from materials, to lighting. One thing to quickly check is to ensure all vray light planes aren't intersecting any geometry as a few weeks back I had horrible noise, and it was cause by an intersection.

Deano

Thanks very much for the good feedback and help.

i just found out that I had lights intersecting with geometry. Yes, I agree that brute force in not my settings of choose but I was desperate because no matter what I did the noise was not going away.

It is a good lesson - Because this was an exterior job, I thought that I could short cut on modeling for the interior walls etc. As a result my interior is pretty messy when you look at the geometry. So it makes it harder to position lights without crossing over another object.

Next time I will keep my interior nice and clean - and do it right the first time round.

Cheers and thanks again

Edited by john2000

• 6 months later...

Same thing over here. Light planes instersecting geometry = noise, even with very high settings. (1hr rendertime for a 1600x800 image with white mtl overrride). Finally noise free; I better start taking down my settings since I'm not trying to push quality through sampling / subdivisions anymore.

Thanks go to notamondayfan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...