"Broken Polygon" with bigger scene in Viewport

clivengu

I have been having this kind of problem for sometime whenever I try to model something of a larger scale..but did not bother with it, as 90% if my time I usually model smaller Interior, Rooms etc so there is no problem with those smaller area. But when it comes to bigger scene like a whole building, or a bus station, a multipurpose hall.. I tend to get this kind of "broken" polygon, especially with thin wall.

I dont think is a problem with my graphic card.. and I hope there is actually a setting in 3ds max to fix this... My new graphic card is Nvidia Quadro 3000M 2GB. These happened also with my older GTX 260 card. The printscreen below should explain what I am trying to tell :p

Polygon.jpg

I hope there is a solution to this.. as it is really annoying to model with such viewport :(

Edited by clivengu
adding

Ok I tried out something which I hope is the solution:

Previously my setting under UNIT SETUP is : System Unit Display = Milimeters , Display Unit Scale = Milimeters,

Now i change it to: System unit Display = METERS, Display Unit Scale = Milimeters.

It solves the problem.. But I still do not know what exactly it is doing and why it works this way... I just dont want my scale to messed up in the end.