layered exr crashes photoshop with ProEXR

Hello there, I've had this problem for the past couple months and can't seem to find a solution out there on the inter-webs. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

I save a layered exr file form Max with about 10 different passes. All saves fine and opens well in photoshop until I try to save multiple multi-matte passes and vrayextratex passes.

If I save those types of passes with the exr and try to open in photoshop, I get a hard crash, and photoshop CS5 goes kapoot.

I've tried the latest 64 bit exr plugin from fnord with no success.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

1. Don't have to re-install photoshop, but PS crashes and pops up an error saying it's going to close. It restarts fine though.

2. I will indeed share a problem file with fnord, and see if they can help, good thought.

3. I'm usually opening with whatever the default is, sRGB I believe.

A similar problem for me too - if I attempt to open a [large] exr, seems to be anything over 72 million pixels ProExr causes Photoshop (CS5) to crash. I'm thinking there is possibly an upper size limit, and the number of passes x resolution is exceeding this limit? Maybe render to vrimg and split out to multiple EXRs?