Wind on plastic tubes

Julio Verani

Good afternoon everybody,

I'm in a real need of little help to create a wind effect on a field of plastic tubes, same thing as a grass field.

I'm not sure about using reactor on the tubes and dynamics to create the wind effect, can anybody help me? I would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony,

Yeah, i did this, and it's working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWLDA-aVUzY

The only problem now is the setting to create the smooth feeling of the wind variations, you know.

I'm trying to use this damn Flex modifier, but it is a bit tricky, as you can see in the video, the plastic tubes "vibrate" like a softer material when wind turbulence is set.

I tried to hit the parameters, but if it gets too hard, the curvature isn't like i want, and the sway i unwanted.

I want to do something like the wind blowing softly through the fields, with smooth movement, and this is kinda hard to achieve....

Any guess or tip?

Thanks is advance!

If you set the wind to something like a negative -0 then animate the wind then add a gravity space warp bind it back to the wind you should get what you want or use the cv editor or the dope sheet or the even tangents set to up the animation.

Edited by datacrasher