Quick RPC Question pls...

Kroke

First: What problem do you have?

Second: The billboarding option only shows 1 image from the RPC object, and keeps the orientation to the camera. You normally use this function for trees that are far away from the camera... The so called "horizon-fill-trees".

If you are still experiencing problems when using the billboard function, use the RPC technical help, or put it up here and i'll try to help you out....

Hey thanks, that does help me.

But one other quick question...maybe I'm thinking ahead here, but...

How does the RPC know what camera is active, say if you had 10 camera paths set up, does it react to the current active camera or what?

Thanks for the info, it does help.

I don't know what the problem is this time, I'm getting very frusterated. I can see/move and rotate the RPC trees, I can SEE them in the scene...no warnings that it can't find the RPC, etc. But when I render, they're not visible at all, as if they're all gone. It's very frustrating....

JJ

the orientation is based on which camera you render.....

About your problem, I have no clue, but you might have copied your RPC in your scene?? That could be the problem. Have you tried switching content?? Right now I'm not at the office for another few weeks, if i was you could have e-mailed me the scene, or just the rpc-objects from your scene, and I would have taken a look.... I only have rpc-automobiles with me...

Copied my RPC in my scene? What exactly do you mean? For one, I have tried to move a couple of them.

It's so wierd. I can render and 'see' them if I use USER viewport.

As soon as I enter my camera view...I see the RPC...render the scene, and...and...nothing.

Argh, I'm frustrated. I think I'm just going to use a cylinder w/ a capsule on the top of the stem.

Whaddya think? ;)

try re-installing the rpc plugin, and make sure you are using the latest version.... And do not use some kind of camera modifier...

If nothing else works, post it on the technical support of the archvision homepage, and add the max file..