aggster

I'm not sure if this post belongs here or in 3ds max http://forums.cgarchitect.com/67449-viewport-turn-black-vray-lights.html#post338001

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with 3ds max 2010 64-bit and VRay 2.00.02. My grafic driver are Direct 3D 9.0 (Nvida Quadro 600).

The problem is in the perspective viewport when I use Vray lights. It all turn black (as in no lights, only black and grey) when I for example hit ctrl+z or when I flip ctrl+w to maximize viewport. I can however use ctrl+l to switch on default lightning to see lights in my scen but that doesn't solv the problem.

When the perspective viewport is black (after hiting ctrl+z, even if the ctrl+z doesn't have anything to do with the lightning) I can click in the perspective viewport and that makes it go back to normal vray lightning. But I have to click in the viewport every single time to make it work. Any suggestions?

This problem doesn't affect my renderings - that part works fine!

I'm not sure if this problem are caused by 3ds, vray or my grafic driver. But my suggestions are on vray.

Thanks!

Sounds like a driver issue. From time to time, such strangeness happens me too, but it's fixed by eighter restarting max or rebooting the workstation. So if you've done that, I don't have any more ideas right now...

Yes I've tried that and that help for the moment. But I can't really work with that :rolleyes:

I've read that this kind of problems (viewport) has been fixed in 3ds max 2012. Does anyone know about that?

• 4 months later...