Help with uninstalling a trial version of Maya so I can install Maya 2011

Ashleymatthews

I installed Maya on my computer (trial version) and now I am trying to put the real copy on my computer but I still have stuff left over from the trial version of Maya so it won't allow me to uninstall it so I can install Maya 2011. Will it be safe for me to go into the registry and delete the maya folders that's left over ? It has a specific folder in the registry called maya but i'm afraid to delete it. Is there a way to go about this because I can't uninstall it from the control panel.

First, I will like to thank you for the response and willingness to help me.

I've never heard of that so I researched how to go about it but i'm coming up with different ways.

Is there a way to walk me through it :) if not do you know where I can go so I can get a better understanding of how to go about this ?

I use Windows 7 but I think it is similar to Vista, To create a restore point.

1. open the system dialog in the control panel In the left pane, click System protection.

2. Click the System Protection tab, and then click Create.3. In the System Protection dialog box, type a description, and then click Create.

If you find that you need to go back to the way it was after you delete stuff just go back into the control panel and choose the restore point you created.

what is create 3 for? I am in the system protection area but its not allowing me to create anything. So if i go into the registry and delete the maya file and lets say I make a mistake and delete something that I shouldn't have, by me creating a restore point it will take me back to the previous stage basically undo my mistake?

Like I said I don't use Vista so it could be different.

Usually you can create a restore point before you make changes. In Win7 it also does it automatically when you install a program or make a major system change. It also allows you to create one. Basically it is a snapshot of your system. If you make changes and want to put it back the way it was you pick the restore point and your system will be the way it was when the restore point was created.

Yes, if you delete something from the registry that you shouldn't have and you do a restore from a point previous to that then it will put it back. You have to create the restore point first, or if Vista creates them automatically you can select to restore one of those instead.

I hope I am not confusing you. :)