Hai guy! plz take a look

Acheng

hi,

i am a beginner in CG, and many things that i can't solve it by myself.

could anybody tell me how to create a realistic lighting using standard light such omni and spotlight. i used to heard that we can use fake radiosity and the result is pretty good. what is the different between radiosity and the fake one? because i prefer using standard light in my interior but the problem is i could'n't control the light well. some area are lighter and other are darker. Why??. sorry, i am newbie.. plus plz tell where i can get the step by step lighting tutorial for interior. thank u for ur attention.... :p:p

google is ur friend. so is cga resources. so is your manuals.

the difference between real and fake radiosity is obvious really. one is done for you and correct, the other is set up by you and incorrect. an experienced user can make a fake gi look like a real one tho.

do some reading and experimenting.

and until you tell us your software you using we cant tell you specific help.

i am into radiosity most of my rendering.

if you are using 3DS max5, here's some settings which normally i am using:

1. with your second image, try to put 2 photometric-free point light, in front.

the level from the floor should be half the height of your ceiling. intensity- 1000 cd, shadow map: bias-0, size-650, sample range-25.

2. radiosity settings: process: initial quality-15 (you can set this to 85 or

90, if you are rendering your final image). interactive tools: filtering-3,

radiosity meshing parameters: global subdivision settings, check enabled then meshing size-0.3

good luck...

yup,

first of all, thank for ur reply and comments :) .. yes, i am using 3d studio max 6 and frankly i can't even imagine how powerful max can do for me.. (sorry, that's because in our country(indonesia) 3d is not as popular as oveseas). yes, next time i will post it on wip(work in progress). I am looking forward to everybody guide and help. thank u, sorry my english is poor :D

i re-posting the max file which i hope everybody will spent ur little time to see and maybe to correct it so i can improve from ur correction,...thanx

As you progress you will see that radiosity is a very difficult thing to master. Things that work in some scenes will not work in others. So I suggest you look around, do some tutorials to familiarize yourself with some of the terminology, and experiment a lot !

Faking radiosity is using the standard lights, like placing omni lights under tables to simulate the light bounce. Where as in IES lighting, your materials and light properties will decides how many photons to bounce around your scene. Radiosity is material dependant. Your materials can change the lighting dramatically.

Unless you are using MAX for special effects, there is no reason not to use Radiosity. There is a lot to learn out there about this subject. You should start with basic exposure controls, mesh subdivisions vs. refining iterations, regathering, reflectance materials, which still has no good information about. Also Radiosity Override Materials.

These setting control most of your radiosity solution. Read up on this information and experiment, experiment and experiment.