Vray won't render my scene with lights in?

craigski_7

Hello guys wondering if someone might know why my scene won't render, i have set up some IES lights and rectangular lights

Everytime i go to render it just comes up with a blank black render screen. As soon as i hide or take out the lights the scene renders fine?!

Anyone have any ideas why Vray won't render when i have the ligfhts in my scene?

Thanks for any help.

Craig

You might want to check if your area lights are set to be ïnvisible". If they are not invisible they can render as black planes when viewed from the back. If you have one of these as a fill light in front of your camera (facing in the same direction as the camera) it could be blocking your scene from view?

Not sure what you mean if you "take the lights out of the scene" and it renders fine? What's lighting the scene then, default lighting?

The problem is when i set up a group of lights to light up an interior of my house I'm modelling I’m doing a shot from outside and want to get some interior glow to the scene. If i keep the lights in the scene Vray will not render it. When the render preview comes up showing the progress of the render this just appears as a black screenshot nothing rendered and nothing happening it's like it has rendered the scene already.

If i delete all the lights and render the scene as normal it renders fine, i don't know if there is something wrong with the lights or there is a bug that won't allow Vray to render with lights set up in the scene?

I think in general Vray doesn't like to render any scene with any type of light in it. Is this a known problem is there a way around it?

Edited by craigski_7

• 6 months later...

HI Craig, im having the exact same problem right now and even with a bonus it just turns off during bigger image size.Anyway did u or anyone found the solution to it? I'd love to know that. thanks for anyhelp kk

I am using VRay for SU and I do think lights work pretty well with it...

Make sure you have the latest version, I do believe there is a bug concerning SU materials (not vismat, native SU materials and custom maps) if you are not using the latest 1.49xx version.

Are you creating light objects or applying VRay emissive material for your exterior lights?

• 5 weeks later...

By default VRay for Sketchup (for SU as I write above) is set with a physical camera and exposure control suitable for the very strong Skecthup Sunlight environment, something like F/8 and 1/200 sec exposure time.

You can either disable exposure control on the VRay physical camera options and start form scratch, or pump up the IES lights quite a bit.

A IES light that can "compete" with the Sketchup's Sun intensity should have a Intensity multiplier of about 500,000 (half a million) in order to co-exist in a half day-lit - half artificially lit space.