Need advice for a budget upgrade.

I'm finally going to bring my aging dual-core rig into the modern age. Here is what I'm looking at -

1) i5 2500K

2) P67 or Z68 board

3) 2x4gb ram

4) Budget graphics card.

I use Max + VRay, along with PS, lightroom and the occasional after effects. I'll be running these off a VX450 and fitting them in an Antec SLB. Budget for the m/b + GPU is around INR 18K (that equates to around $280 by newegg prices). I'll certainly be overclocking, but I think the stock hsf is good enough for moderate speed bumps.

For the m/b, I'm looking at asus, to try out the uefi. The p8z68-v LE and the p8p67 b3 fit in my budget. Does this z68 board compromise on any major features?

For the gpu, 5770 or 6770, or maybe a gtx550 TI. The 6850 will be slightly stretching my budget. Is cuda of any use to me? Will the nvidia card run the mercury engine in after effects?

The MBs are fine. For CUDA - that 550 is not really powerful enough to be useful in Vray RT-GPU or iray, and After Effects does not support CUDA for the playback engine (at least as of version CS5) so I wouldn't worry about CUDA and just get whatever video card you want.