VrayPhysical Camera Bug??? Help~!!!

Deetee

im using 3dsmax design 2011

vray 2.0

this is how it goes....

frame 0-100

created VrayCamera at frame0

click "auto key" for animation purpose.

pull VrayCamera at frame 100 to any other direction....

VrayCamera movement created from frame0-frame100

while "auto key" still on...

i drag my timeline between frame 0-100 (didnt touch the VrayCamera anymore)

nothing happens, except i see my camera moving in viewport.

good...

while "auto key" still on...

get back to frame 100, animate the film gate (make it bigger/smaller doesnt matter)

now here comes the problem...

I drag my timeline between frame 0-100. it auto creates key frames for my camera at whichever point of the timeline i stop.

It keep generating keyframes as long as i keep dragging the scroller at the timeline, regardless if im selecting the camera or not, it keep generating the keyframes.

What's going on? :confused::confused::confused:

It never happen like this before...

It doesnt affect 3ds max default camera...

I thought it may be my files corrupted, but even with new fresh 3ds max files, it still the same.

Help~

• 3 months later...

Im having the same issue. It happens when you click on the FOV checkbox. If you set any keys on this, it will set keys as you scroll throughout your timeline. The only way around this as Ive found up to this point is to not key the FOV. I copied and pasted my transform keys onto a new camera. Let us know if there is any other way around this. Driving me crazy.

God....

I thought I was the only one that is facing such problem in this bloody world...

I nvr key FOV. The only thing i keyed is the film gate...

I thought this issue is hard to explain, so in my 1st post, i wrote how the problem was created...

I thought it was just me alone having such issue as there are so many viewer in my topic yet none of them reply. did they even tried on how the problem created as mention in my 1st post? sigh....

anyway guys, im so sorry to say that i didn't find any solution here.

I'm still hoping someone could give some solution here...

As for any other way to work around this... What i did is manually turn on and off the autokey button.

if there is anything involve film gate/fov animation, i will have to manually turn on and off autokey.

when your autokey is off and you move the scroller along the timeline, it wont generate any keyframe.

once you done with the camera, make sure save the scene or save the camera out as back up.

just in case if you need to run autokey to animation any object in the scene, it will definitely generate more keyframes into the camera.

and by that time you will need to merge the camera back in.

Hope it helps.

and im still waiting for someone to provide solution.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still having an issue with this. Fortunately, you can open your curve editor, select the FOV and delete the keys. It will get rid of all the black keys on your timeline.

Yeah, apparently this is the only way to work around this bug.

Somehow I'm wondering with this huge community of ArchViz artist in cgarchitect here, why it seems that just few of us having such problems???

This is so much annoying. I'm wondering is it bug due to vray2.0? coz last time I nvr get any issue with this before...

• 5 months later...