archive alternative

re vit

Hi all!

I'm looking for the script (alternative to the standard "archive" command) that'd collect all

my file's stuff (incl. vray proxies,xrefs,maps into ONE folder (without nested hierarchy).

Have you seen something like that (preferably for free)?

Thanks.

You already have that it's called the asset browser in the utilities panel

The asset browser provides access from your scene to your other folders, something like bridge in PS. but it does not collate these content into one folder. I know you can drag the content into a directory, but what he's asking is to archive a scene into a folder without the sub-directories. I'm also interested in the script that could do that.

You can put them into one folder with the asset browser. I'm not sure why he is not just making a new folder and putting the scene file the texture and other stuff he needs into that folder that's what i do when shipping to a client

Edited by datacrasher

Search here and please give back to the community by posting which one you wound up using, and how well it worked.

http://www.scriptspot.com/search/apachesolr_search/archive?filters=type%3Ascript

I often use 'MB Resource Collector,' but I am always interested in hearing other methods.

Huge thank you. I actually digged the scriptspot before posting here but the scripts looked unpleasantly outdated.

But MB Resource Collector indeed works like a charm.

---

@Datacrasher:

Mate could you please demostrate how to 'put them (opened file assets) into one folder with the asset browser'?

If you open up the asset browser locate your scene folder then you can drag and drop that scene file into another folder. Also if you have one scene and you want to merge them into your current scene you can also do that by click on the open scene file and left or right clicking in your p.view and clicking merge. you can also do the same-thing with the resource collector

resource collector

create a folder on your desktop give it a name. now click the utilities then more choose your resource collector. the first thing you need to do is put them in your folder you created on your desktop. now click on the browse button navigate to your desktop and open it up now click on use path now directly below that you see resource options this will allow you to pick and choose what you gather in your viewport if you choose move this will move it from your previous location.

my suggestion would just keep it on copy in-case you screw up somewhere down the line. one you have done that then you press begin this may take some-time depending on how big your file is once complete then you can open up that file you create and you'll find all the stuff in there

Dusan

If your using the assets browser or the resource collector then you would not need to re-map them because they are already mapped if you are using the asset browser and you don't have any maps/material in your scene then you can drag and drop them into the p.view onto the object you wish to apply the texture/maps too.

i'm not sure why your max crashes unless it's a new bug within the new max's. i would start off with a new with a couple of objects then try and use the asset browser or the resource collector. If max does not crash then you know there mite be a problem with your scene file or map/texture you assign.