Unity for architecture

Dave Buchhofer

Hi there folks,

I've been using unity for a few years now, virtools for a few years before that, and max for about a decade, and i'm feeling out whether there would be any interest in buying some of the shortcuts scripts and automations that i've accumulated over the years for getting models thru the pipeline from Revit -> Max -> Unity -> Web/Standalone/Ipad

There is a definite shortage of easy to use interactive components for the architecture world, some of these new systems (lumion and twin motion) seem to target this or portions of it, and get close.

its very easy to get to the basic level that everyone associates with an architectural flythru, but there are a lot of time consuming steps to deal with in between, especially if you want to scale the projects up to another level of interaction.

Anyway, enough rambling!

attaching a few screenshots of a recent project to think about: (these were mostly captured at 2400, but you can save screenshots at any resolution you desire).

turnaround time from model change in Revit to like model export (including calculating the basic AO style lighting you see here) ~4 hours.

along with a video once it finishes loading into vimeo ;) : video captured at 2400 also, and scaled down to 1920 to get some 'faked' anti aliasing.

exterior floataround

the atrium (in hd)

the bar (not hd, but only because my vimeo account is the free one heh.)

one exterior shot

I'll add a couple more videos once i get them uploaded if anyone wants to see them.

Edited by Dave Buchhofer