How much is the difference between a GTX580 1.5 GB and GTX580 3GB?

aristocratic3d

Hi, guys

I am sorry as I have been obsessed with this GTX580. but as I came to know that this is the best option for me now. I am wondering how much triangle I can handle per sec if I use a GTX580 3GB? and how much if I use GTX580 1.5GB?

I am asking because the 3GB card is not available in Bangladesh. if the difference is big in handling polygons. then I will wait two more months for it to come.

Please suggest me I am in need of your help.

Thanks

A

when they officially declare that a Quadro 4000 can handle 890 mil and qudaro 6000 can 1.3 bill. I dont know how they officially publish that 580 can handle 2bill. within the value of a Quadro 6000 you can buy six 580.

Any idea why should I buy Quadro 6000 ? I meant why they say that this is custom built for 3D software?

Thanks for the reply man.

For one cause, Quadro is always the main category they test software on. So, the software has its best performance on Quadros, as much as i understood. And Quadro 6000 has 6 gb memory. So you can load more geometry at a STABLE framerate, though might be lower than what geforce can provide...

And i think, gtx580 can handle more polys per second due to its much higher memory/gpu/shader clock.

I use iRay renderer a lot, and When it uses GPU to render, which is much faster in rendering, it requires a lot of memory depending on the scene size. and so far i have been able to render scenes upto 3-4m polys but no more than that on 580. assuming the scenes have at least 20-50 1k-4k textures...

So imagine Quadro now XD

And if you can get 580 with 3 gb just get it! it is essentially cheaper and much faster than Quadro 4000 and has 3gb vs 2gb on Quadro 4000.

personally, i never really understood the hype about quatro cards. They're made out to be performance monsters but ive found the normal gefoce gaming cards such as the gtx580 way out perform even the most expensive "professional" cards. Granted, there might be small performance gains in rendering time, but i much rather prefer a faster frame rate and smother work flow.

Well mate. I already came to know that. My query was is it much difference between a GTX580 3GB and GTX580 1.5 GB?

Anyway. thanks for your comment though.

personally, i never really understood the hype about quatro cards. They're made out to be performance monsters but ive found the normal gefoce gaming cards such as the gtx580 way out perform even the most expensive "professional" cards. Granted, there might be small performance gains in rendering time, but i much rather prefer a faster frame rate and smother work flow.

It's not about triangles per second - it's the same GPU, it processes triangles at the same rate. Buy the 3GB if you want to do CUDA rendering (or if you're a hard core gamer), the 1.5GB if it's only for the display. The only reasons to buy the 3GB are if you want to play texture-intensive games (textures eat memory but Max doesn't use nearly as much of it as newer games) or if you want to load large scenes in a CUDA renderer.