in the need of an opinion

ffranca

Hi to everyone..

I am an Interior Designer and I am doing my graduate project, i am remodelling a public space were people, mostly students can do their work. i have already done sketches, studied almost all parameters that influence this kind of space , such as light, colour, ambience among other things. so I thought i could ask your opinion, i would like to know in your opinion what is the most important aspect when designing this kind of spaces, since we all have been students or some of us still are (like me :)).

i am also doing a questionnaire among students to see what is the most important aspect for them.

this is important to my project, please share your opinion

All the areas you mentioned are important. I will add ergonomics and of course, you are not clear as to the type of work the students would do in the space. Is it like a Study Hall, Library or a mixed environment like everything go? If the 'work' is study, of course the design could not be a free for all; a Library is an example, that study and social must be kept separate.

As I said, be more specific, study work require the proper light levels whereas for partying, just disco lights may suffice.

Please post some more of the project. I am a hobbyist who enjoys rendering and these subjects, but there are many proffessionals here that can help you more if you are clear and specific

i forgot to mention what kind of space, it is a mixed space were students can bring their laptop or use one of the available computer, they can also use the books from the library. since it is a mixed space i must be careful about the light and other stuff. for example since i am re-designing the space, i also need to create objects such as desks bookshelf's and of course i must use anthropometric data without forget the ergonomic aspect.

thanks for responding my post.

Did you mean Photometric when you used "anthropometric"? Photometric lights are good if used with proper materials and properly even, as in photography, the scene light distribution measured and a Physical Camera used to render with proper exposure settings. Then again, have you mentioned anything about 3d modeling the space and rendering? I don't think you have

yet.

"Anthropometric" is consistent with the post.

I think the most important thing is the careful balancing and interrelating of all the individual things.

Sound levels will be important.

Variety of space will be important. Quiet nook, maybe with sunlight streaming in. Area where a group can get together and spread out. Comfy reading/napping space. Hard effecient get work done space.

Ability to see the entry if waiting for somebody.

Ceiling height(s).

"Anthropometric" is consistent with the post.

I think the most important thing is the careful balancing and interrelating of all the individual things.

Sound levels will be important.

Variety of space will be important. Quiet nook, maybe with sunlight streaming in. Area where a group can get together and spread out. Comfy reading/napping space. Hard effecient get work done space.

Ability to see the entry if waiting for somebody.

Ceiling height(s).

This.

Look at how most modern libraries around campuses are built. Aesthetically pleasing and modern, since you want people to enjoy being there, to be of experience. At same time, fuctionally correct and as Peter said, diverse. Most libraries have open space for general studying, quit corner for reading, locked small rooms for intense individual studying, larger team studying rooms...etc.

Lol at Anthropometric and photometric confusion :- DD This is totally wrong forum to ask, why did you go here ? This isn't much architectural place, even though it is in name, it's mostly place for renderings of shitty architecture lately.

Maybe you could share some of those sketches ? I would be interested in seeing it. If it's private for you though, nevermind :- ).

Edited by RyderSK

"Lol at Anthropometric and photometric confusion :- DD This is totally wrong forum to ask, why did you go here ? This isn't much architectural place, even though it is in name, it's mostly place for renderings of shitty architecture lately."

LOL, how cute and full of yourself!

I stand corrected and proudly now have added a new word and perspective to my vocabulary.

On a side note, people of all walks stroll through this forum. Been here since 2001. Some just

curious, some experts in all aspects of Architecture and CG. Some like me are just casual users

who enjoy the art in some aspects only. Some novices. The same questions get asked time and

again and those better adept at teaching know that they must have patience just as a grade teacher

who teach the same subject matter daily and yearly. Lets keep it civil and don't allow our forum to

deteriorate by acting like a bunch of anthropomorphic throw backs...

"Lol at Anthropometric and photometric confusion :- DD This is totally wrong forum to ask, why did you go here ? This isn't much architectural place, even though it is in name, it's mostly place for renderings of shitty architecture lately."

LOL, how cute and full of yourself!

I stand corrected and proudly now have added a new word and perspective to my vocabulary.

On a side note, people of all walks stroll through this forum. Been here since 2001. Some just

curious, some experts in all aspects of Architecture and CG. Some like me are just casual users

who enjoy the art in some aspects only. Some novices. The same questions get asked time and

again and those better adept at teaching know that they must have patience just as a grade teacher

who teach the same subject matter daily and yearly. Lets keep it civil and don't allow our forum to

deteriorate by acting like a bunch of anthropomorphic throw backs...

Why do you get so offended ? Not everybody acts super polite like englishman. I didn't laugh in offensive way I found it funny in genuine way. Don't add too much emotions to written words, it's just online forum after all. Also, you could have simply googled that word.

But I also stand by my second statement, it's of course only my subjective opinion, but I think it's pretty correct. Best advice that could be given to him is to send him to the right teacher, in this case, the proper architecture forum.

When i mentioned anthropometric data i was talking about human measurements, because as a Designer i can not create nothing without measurements, because someone does not have to adapt to a chair, it is the other way and that�s why i have talked about ergonomics and anthropometrics , and finally i was not talking about photometric or other stuff related with 3d , and yes i know this website is mainly about cg work. don�t take me wrong but this question i am asking you its like a survey, and i thanks all of you for your opinion but try no to argue about my English. And finally i will post something related with 3d, but it will take some time............