help - I can't find my rendered image window...while rendering...!

tecton3d

If it is offscreen, start a render to make the render window current. Then alt-space for the "window menu". "m" for move. Now hit an arrow key to nudge the window. This gets it in an "I am moving" frame of mind. Now wiggle the mouse and your window should appear.

If this does not work, either you are doing it wrong or the window is not merely off screen. Or I messed up my instructions, but really, that just leads to... you doing it wrong ;-).

I don't know what it is exactly but I can tell you that I encounter this as a bug from time to time. I usually panic and maximize, minimize max until it reappears. The good news is that regardless of what youve done, once rendering is completed, you can just hit the view rendered frame window key and it will still be in the frame buffer. Any elements usually pop up as new windows anyhow so that's an unfortunate drawback if they also dont appear, but who knows.you could get lucky.

Edited by CoreyMBeaulieu

thanks for the tips guys! ...well, i got lucky and restarted the computer a few times this morning and the window reappeared!

@coreyMBeaulie - you're right about letting the render finish then "viewing rendered window" but I was working iwth IRAY and unlimited iterations!

prost!