Vray - Slow loading Irradiance Maps in Backburner

JoelL

Hi All,

I am having a problem rendering files that load an Irradiance map in Backburner. When I send my file to backburner the frames will be assigned to machines but it might be 3 to 8 hours before they start to render the frames. There might be one or two machines that start to render in less time but most will wait several hours before rendering their first frame. Once they start they render fine. I never get an error message in Backburner. If I render the same scene with out loading the light files (light cache and Irradiance) but have the file calculate it on the fly, all machines render right away. Usually, if I set it up on just my machine to load the light files it will do it right away and render fine. Once and a while it will load the light cache in a few seconds and just hang for a little while before it starts to render. It is very odd. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should look into to fixing this problem? Is is a networking issue? If you need more info. let me know. Help on this would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Update: So I decided to send the file to one machine at a time. I set up a frame range of 200 frames and sent that to one machine on the farm using backburner. I set up another frame range (the next 200 frames) and sent that to a machine on the farm. I set up the next frame range of 200 frames and sent that to one more machine on the farm. 1 file sent to 3 machines with 3 rendering sessions on backburner. Each one loaded and is running fine. First frame took 3 to 4 minutes to render and the following frames are taking about two minutes. Looks good. But why is this happening like this I do not know. Any guesses?

So I decide that I should at least let it render frames on my machine overnight and I will at least get a few hundered done. No such luck. It is hanging now on my machine. With out using backburner. The lighting files (irradiance and light cache) are located on another machine. It is a project server that all machines have access to. Could something be locking the file? My guess is that if I move the files to my local machine it will render for my machine. (?)

Edited by JoelL