demaged file

nodar1978

Hello guys

i have a problem with my files. 2 files are demaged. I did a lots of work on a roof tiling for houses, i also made a renderings. that time. but now i want to go back and open those files but during opening max says: an error has occured and do i want to save it or not.

i tried to save it, i tried to merge in other file from this file some objects, i tried nearly everything but it doesnt work.

do you have any idea what can i do with this file?

it is max2009 and vray. file size is about 300mb. it is not a problem with file size, because my pc is good enough for big files

thank you in advance

George,

i once asked on the autodesk fourm the same question myself they told me never re-lie on the autobackup filles because they are useless. always save in increments (+) when you save as this will save as example scene using the file increments (+) it will be scene01.

try restart max and then merge one object at a time if the file does not crash keep merging one at a time until you get to the last object if the file crashes then you know what is causing the problem. restart max and do it again then don't merge the final object. because you know this is the object that will make max crash so all you have to do is remodel that final object.

if you still have no success then you will need to model your scene again

Edited by datacrasher

George,

i once asked on the autodesk fourm the same question myself they told me never re-lie on the autobackup filles because they are useless. always save in increments (+) when you save as this will save as example scene using the file increments (+) it will be scene01.

I've never had a problem with autoback files...but I couldn't agree more with your advice. Doing lots of incremental saves (saveas +) is a critically important habit that every max user should have.

Tony, a couple of thoughts:

1. I set my Auto Backup to save 12 files, which is more helpful than 3.

2. I make careful use of Max's "project folder" functionality, which means that every project has its own Autoback folder. This means that every project is being autosaved to each project's autoback folder. It's not fool-proof, of course, but it helps to have per-project backup folders rather than defaulting to a single backup folder for all projects.

Still, it's crucial to constantly be hitting the incremental save button. Autobackup, for me, has proven to be a very reliable and convenient insurance policy. I say convenient, because when Max crashes, the Autobackup file is sometimes more current than my latest manual save...so it usually means even less re-work.

i'll try that but i usally leave max at default incase something sc*** up they mite of improve max autobackup with the latest verison but i have max 9 and cannot afford the new one's.

God i wish stuff was fool proof but it never is lol.

the only time max crashes for me is when a unhandled exception has occurred in don't now if this is max or windows xp. i added a service pack and it still happens in max