Cross Section Building: WIP

cedeon

1326312183.jpg

Studio/Institution: Cedeon Limited
Client: Cedeon Limited
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: Sketchup Vray Photoshop
Description:

I'm currently making a new website front page image. The idea is to create some Parallax and so far ive found that I have to use a narrow field of view thats almost orthographic to create the illusion of depth using 3 images only.

The trouble is my render looks very 'Dolls House' like. Have you guys got any ideas on how i can improve the realism?

link to my site for parallax demo is here : http://www.cedeon.co.uk

Work so far is as shown here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46643[/ATTACH]

• 1 month later...
Why can't you use the standard cameras with ortho on.

The enviromental settings have a setting now in vray 2 for matching the vray camera settings for standard ones.

That is if you want a perfect section look.

Whoa! I didn't know that! Would have saved me a lot of bother a few weeks back...

Hi,

I don't want to be rude here but i don't like the image. sorry.

At the moment the render appears to be a half way house between a diagram and a photorealistic render - having looked at your website I think both would be equally valid but I would pick the one you want to do and go for that one.

- If you want to do a diagram don't have the photographic background. Simplify the texturing detail. and maybe do the text as actual 3D text in the render. You could use a wire frame background of trees/garden etc.

- If you want photorealistic you need all the detail in there - full bedroom furnture, wardrobes, dressing tables, cupboards, kitchen, living room, tv, shlves, books, dvds, iron, kettle, mouse hole etc. Also, I find the orthographic view makes the angle of the ground floor very odd and sits wierdly with the background.

I'd lower the camera to standing height on first floor, that'll let the horizon line drop too and you won't have as much visual heat on the ground plane transition to the faraway hills.

Views like this are always going to look like doll houses. For a bunch of reasons not least of which is exposure levels for interior and exterior shots are never the same, yet this level of abstraction compels similar tonal ranges so it looks like an interior studio light setup. If it were me, I'd just put another line my list of services either "dollhouse design" with a clever link, or "but not dollhouse design" with a clever link.

I'd also add the details as others have noted (ESP upstairs)

I really cant see any problems here unless, it need to be 100% accurate to what ever degree. As an illustration I think its great, and it also looks good.

The only reason it looks like a doll house, is the background is to large for the house so its like a doll house on the grass. Dof also causes that as mentioned already.

End of the day, its not engineers looking at your house, its people who want nice illustrations!