why noise?

bustovh

Hi!

Maxwell seems to be easier than Vray or other renders. Very nice gallery on their site, but, i'm duoing as it is said in their manual, nothing tuching than importing the scene, aplly materials and setting the environment. Everytime the same result - grain ! a lot of grain. Who can help me how to avoid this grain?

Thank you very much for your reply.

SL 18 Time 25 min.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46648[/ATTACH]

Hi,

Maxwell renders the image reducing the noise with each sampling level.

The longer it renders = more sampling levels = less noise will appear on the image. So buy a faster computer or be patient :p

In general to reduce noise (from Maxwell's FAQ) :

Make sure your emitting surfaces are as low-poly as possible. Usually, a single-sided polygon will be sufficient.

If possible, do not completely enclose your emitters inside a dielectric object.

Make sure your emitter is not intersecting other geometry.

Very important: do not include very white or fully saturated materials in your scene. For example, a completely white (255, 255, 255) material will take a very long time to clear and will also make the contrast in the image disappear. Also avoid completely saturated colors such as pure red (255, 0, 0). Pure white or pure saturated materials do not exist in real life so it's better to decrease the saturation a bit. For a white wall, around RGB 220 or less is sufficient.

For interior renders where window glass reflections are necessary, use the Architectural Glass Solution (AGS) for the windows instead of real glass. This will create the reflections but will not produce any caustics, thus speeding up the rendering. - Perhaps you simply need more time for rendering, depending on your machine specs.

You should be glad it only took 25 min to get SL 18. I've heard SL 20-25 will get clear results.

I had a rendering that said it would take 18 hours to get to SL 18 and at the end of the day I had to bag MW and go over to V-Ray. The quality and ease of setup is great but the trade-off is render time. For me, I would give up realism and accuracy for time any day of the week. It's just my workflow.

Thank you for interest!

Well let's speak about time, after several lessons of VTC, several days on reading Maxwell Forum i got some better results. My first try.

My question, at which level/time the grain on the bottle will start to dissapear? What are the proposals?

Thank you very much for your reply.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46802[/ATTACH]

SL 16,55 / Time 4 h.