Apartment entrance

Janwalli

1326365956.jpg

Studio/Institution: Wallis Eck
Client: self
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: Cinema4D, Vray, Photoshop
Description:

I am working on a exterior visualization, it´s a free project. Still have to work on geometry and especially shading, but on the side I already started to play with lights.

This will be a nighttime shot and I guess I will need some more lights ;-)

I don't think you need more lights, firs you need a narrow camera lens, try with 24mm or so, then use a dome light or only sky light, add an HDRI to it, fix your exposure then put the house accents lights, for that little porch I think 1 or 2 light will be enough, or you can use 4 very small. then a nice warm lighting coming from the inside of the house will do.

What version of Cinema 4D are you using, I think there is a gamma issue there too.

it wasn´t so much of a gamma issue, but an issue of light intensity and camera exposure which was to far of a from a real world situation - so I fixed that.

Apart from some glow no other post, so color correction and the like will come at the end. Probably apart from white balance, which is set to neutral at the moment (by the way, Vray for Cinema4D R12) - I will use white balance to increase the warm tones of the lights.

I will work a bit on the inside, also don´t like the roller blind

cubic_eingang_0025.jpg

I would suggest otherwise, to move the camera away ;- ) atleast a bit, the upright format should allow to show more sky as well. I would use sky(HDRi or backdrop simply) with more gradient to it,now it's just blue color. Too blue, too saturated.

With that, move the samples at vray dome light up, to 16 atleast to get rid of the high noise (the concrete and floor)..