Bug in the new site?

AubreyM

• Administrators
Every time I click on a link to a forum thread that is in the Architectual Visualization Gallery from the "unread Posts" Links I get directed to the gallery and not the thread. Here is an example.

http://forums.cgarchitect.com/70054-std-locker-room.html

Anyone else getting this or am I crazy?

Hi Aubrey,

With the new site we moved all of the image galleries from the forums to the new gallery. On the backend the old forum galleries still exist for now, but they are being redirected to the new gallery main page. We decided it would be too costly to programatically link every old forum post to the corresponding image in the new gallery. It would slow site performance and in within a few weeks will become irrelevant anyway.

• Administrators
Jeff

I think i have found a new bug I keep getting emails that are blank saying "someone has replied to subscription thread" but when i check the email is blank i also check the thread that i have answered and nothing. i tried to email you but the site will not accept it!"

Tony

Hey Tony,

We did not change anything with the forums other than a slight change of width and the top menu, so this bug can't be from anything new we've done. I can't reproduce the issue here and I get replies to new threads. Can you email me some of these emails you get to jmottle@cgarchitect.com and I'll take a look.

• Administrators
I do not receive any emails anymore, from started threads or comments posted within others. Ive altered nothing in my account settings. Any comments.

Hi Neil,

Are you sure they are not going to spam? They are coming from "feedback@cgarchitect.com" Nothing has changed on the forums since the new site launch as the forums are on their own sub-domain.