Replaced objects after import incorrectly mapped

yp

Hi all,

i'm new to cgarchitect so i'm starting slowly ;)

I have a max file, a house with lots of wooden planks all around. These have a uvmap mod and a unwrap mod stacked upon to get a correct and non-repeating texturing.

Now i have made some many changes to my main model (SU) so i wanted to replace these already mapped objects with the unmapped ones.

Works quite alright so far except some object which is caused by strange renaming of groups by max (adding different numbers) when importing the SU file.

(linking files is a different story..)

BUT: the replaced files don't keep the modifiers as they should, somehow the objects have only modifier of one certain object attached. (Btw, the uvmap/unwrap mod has been added to a bunch of objects (eg. one side of the facade) at the same time.)

If i merge that file i'd like to replace objects from, then all mapping is fine- but it's keeping, for sure, the original objects as well..

Anyone knows where i made a mistake or how this could be solved?

Edited by yp

If i merge that file i'd like to replace objects from, then all mapping is fine- but it's keeping, for sure, the original objects as well..

While merging, max gives you option to keep or delete the old objects because they are similarly named, so you can get rid of the unwanted stuff there. If you are not deleting the duplicated matter at that point for some reason, you make the instances unique so each can be edited individually, if that's what you want.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47194[/ATTACH]

Thanks for your reply,

but, if i merge the old file with the mapped elements into the new one and replace the existing ones, all mapping is messed up. But if i merge the old file and keep the existing elements, the mapping is correctly imported- but i have double elements ;) If i remember it correctly right now, i tried many different ways of importing, merging and replacing.

I have now mapped all objects again, so it's not that important anymore- even still unsolved.. I'll run into that problem again probably..

I'm a bit busy so i can't redo it right now, i'll give it a try soon.

;)