a big concrete box....

skogskalle

Hi all!

nothing special here... but I used STRATs trees on this one (thanks btw) so I thought Id post it anyways, so here it is =)

got this job yesterday at noon, and deadline is tomorrow... so I have about 2 days total on this.

modeled in max, rendered with VrayFree.

I find It very hard to make images of this kind of boring concrete buildings look good.... so any thoughts are appreciated!

//

Kalle

I know what you mean about struggling with making some designs look good. Here are a couple of images of a cold storage facility I did recently. Basically I take the aproch of trying to cover up as much of the most boring parts of the design as possible with "fluff" like trees, cars, etc. Also using low and wide camera angles seems to help add some visual drama. I would avoid using aerial views if at all possible.

thanks Brian!

nice pics! using eye-level cameras is a good idea... maybe Ill try that instead of the second pic (the close up) ... but the client asked for an aerial shot! so I have to use the first pic anyways...

Ill try to fill the horizon with trees... maybe that will "frame" the pic better...

Call me crazy, I know someone will, but I like these shots as they are. They feel like the models that i used to make in school. I like the white cars and people too. Where did the people come from btw. Clients do like to see aerials, not sure why, but we always have to do aerials. I might change the roof material on the first image, maybe add some condenser units on the roof top, maybe a few vent stacks coming out, I am sure there should be a few with a building that big. The front entry patio surface is very nice, good landscaping.

On a side note, the "STRAT" trees look good, can't wait to put them to use. I also noticed that today is STRAT's b-day, so Happy Birthday m8! :)

Man, looks like the kind of architecture that my office does. Except that design has a second floor.

Looks good over all, but I would add a few more details like the vent stacks mentioned. Even a parapet around the brick building would be subtle. Because you will need some kind of railing around your roof top patio.

Hi

The images are good. Nice and clean work.

After all it is just a box. And yes the clients always wants arials as we will be flying. You will never see the building like this, like carton model but anyway...

I like the small thing that you used to bring some live in , people, cars, trucks, tables. Is it posible to share information where can i find these models?

Thanks

I hope you enjoy Vray.

good luck

thanks guys!

didnt have much time to change stuff, cause the deadline was sooner than I first thought.... so no vents on the roof for now. Theyll probably change the design on the front of the building though, so if they want more images later Ill make sure to add some more details...

Glad you like the small stuff like people, cars etc...

The trees are, as said, made by STRAT. The bushes are the same trees, but squeezed and with most branches removed.

Cars are the 3 freebies from lowpolygon3d.com, but with all textures replaced with a white reflective material.

The people are from 3d-figures.com... they look like crap close up, but from a distance, and with the same material as the cars, I think they do the job....

thanks again!