Contemporary house night scene

1331022135.jpg

Studio/Institution: At Etude
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: Sketchup, Vray, Photoshop
Description:

Hello everyone.

I'm new here so hopefully I'm in the right forum for this kind of questions.

Here is one of my latest renders. From what I can tell there is definitely something wrong with it but after staring at it for days I can no longer tell good from bad and I'm giving up on it. Client is happy, I'm getting paid for this render but I just can't let it go. I would appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Cheers.

Thank you, Mario.

The texture for the rock is not really a hi-res, but I did add a few more textures at the post-production stage with different blending modes in photoshop. I definitely agree that the rock looks pretty weak especially at the bottom in this gap between the rock and the house, but somehow I think there is more problems there somewhere.

I don't know that anything is "wrong" with this image. I think the building has a bit of a dollhouse effect in that it appears overly orthogonal. You could add more trimings or just generally chamfer some edges and create a little separation between different pieces of the building.

I think the image is good though. Nice job.

I like the overall mood and lighting, I just would try to make use of tonemapping to avoid the overly bright areas. Especially the lower right corner inside the building and the areas directly in front of the terrace windows look washed out.