GIF Animation Help

Tron

Hey everyone:

I'm currently creating an animated GIF for embedding in a website and need some help with my settings. I created a png sequence and imported into AE. Now I am trying to create a smooth GIF animation for a website, but am having problems as my animation looks staggered and slowed down.

I created a QuickTime animation and it looks great when I loop it. How do I get that same quality and smoothness in a GIF?

Hey Aubrey! Thanks for the advice. I love the fact that once the animation has looped, it is stored in memory and runs really smooth. (Nice flyby btw). I will definately look into it. My only concern with flash is: will it work with apple mobile devices?

I don't have a lot of experience here, but something to look at might be frame rate. Is it set to "fastest" or "faster than this can load" or some such. Maybe if you set it to, say, 10fps it will run smoother (though at 10fps you'll be on the bad side of fluid). Heck, I don't even remember if GIFs are specified in fps or dwell time per frame...