One thread per project in the image gallery

steyin

• Administrators

There are PROs and CONs for both ways. The way we have it now, people can comment, share, Like a single image. Sometimes an certain image from a project is much better, so it would not make sense to group them all together. I do understand what you mean when someone uploads 15 angles of the same project and it takes over the homepage. We are going to be adding some functionality soon so you can more easily find more work from the same user when you are looking at a single image, so maybe there is a way we can look at grouping them. Will have to look into it further. That's a pretty big project which = a lot of $$$ as we pay an outside developer so there are some limitations on that front too. Regardless, feedback noted. Thanks for posting about this.

I just prefer to see things grouped. A user can be given the same feedback with all of their images from the same work/job in a collective thread I feel, and I think those who take the time to organize their work in that manner have more views. I know that when I see a few shots/views from the same project on one page, I tend to only view one image and skip the rest. I don't like having to click/open a few pages, rather than see them all at the same time. Many of them also appear so similar that it defers me from taking an interest in viewing people's work.

I do understand the pro of being to like each individual image, as more people will see it if they organize their search by likes, but as an artist I would rather someone view my collective "narrative" of images, if there are more than one of course.

I rather enjoyed the old gallery where you could click on an image in the thread then scroll through all the images posted. Now it is just tedious to have to go into a few threads. I realize a few extra clicks of the mouse might not seem like much to some, but its annoying and a waste of time to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi guys,

We just rolled out a new feature today that is not a fix to the issue in this thread, but may help somewhat. If you go to any image, you'll now see users who have posted multiple images to their profile will have up to 9 previous images displayed as thumbnails so you more more easily get to images from the same user. Right now it shows the last 9 images posted by the user, excluding the image you are currently viewing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47511[/ATTACH]

I spoke with our developer today about adding functionality to submit multiple images to a single post that are from the same project and we're getting a quote done up, but it's going to cost $2-5K to implement as it requires a MAJOR rewrite of the way the site currently works. If anyone wants to advertise on CGA, post a job, or purchase items from our store this would certainly help offset these costs and expedite how quickly this feature can be added. We spent tens of thousands of $ to build the new site so we really need some help from the community if this feature really means a lot to you. If you want to buy something from the store just use the "discount coupon" code "newfeatures" and we'll earmark your purchase towards this new feature. If you're interested in advertising, please contact me at: jmottle@cgarchitect.com