Rain Symphony

1335444778.jpg

Studio/Institution: vizcon3d
Client: Personal work
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3ds max; Vray; Photoshop
Description:

Hi all, a small personal project in progress I would like to show you.

I will call it “Rain Symphony”,

After a heavy thunderstorm, the rain came down from the heaven to beat the windows, the first rays came into the room, the wind has calm down.

The goal is to present a image in a room full of musical instruments, and with a rich and colorful atmosphere. Still not sure about the concreet floor, the lounge chair is just for the test.

Max 2012, vray2.0

More in the next few weeks, don’t hesitate to give me some advice or comments.

Thanks.

The floor looks great in that last test, though maybe a tad too shiny. For a warm feeling, you may need more lighting than from the windows. It's a shame the chair goes, it looks perfect in the space. On the piano image--I hope that camera angle isn't final, because it does not show the shape of the piano in a flattering way. I love the idea of a bunch of wooden instruments gathered in a room as if they were attending a social party, talking, discussing, maybe arguing a bit.

Hi, I appreciate your feedback, the Eames Lounge Chair is a last picture is not visible, I keep him for sure. The main lighting source for this scene is a VRay Sun mixed with a bitmap. It needs some further tweaking to get the the result what I want.

There are no interior lights for the moment, I just want to finished first te general idea about the instruments, you gave me a good tip about that.

I would say in the last image you posted the light/transparency on the curtains doesn't match the sky or light on the floor in the doorway. The light on the curtains looks like it would be sunset but the sky is totally blue and the light on the floor is very daylight blue too. In my honest opinion the chair doesn't match either.

I love the floor and the fireplace model.

Are the corners of the walls supposed to be a little dirty or is that A/O?

Hi all,

I spent some time this weekend adding some more pieces to decorate the space.

I changed the sun positions and GI setup to give the room some warmer tones.

Also modeled a new carpet with a 3d displacement map, and tried the new Autowrinklers upcoming plugin from rendering. ru, still in beta test. (http://forum.rendering.ru/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1085%29)

The cone Light stand next to the piano is from designconnected.

Vray Dirt material is applied and tweaked to all most every model, including the white and brick wall.

More instruments should be made (or find on internet), as Jazz music is my favorite music, I made a photo collage of all the artist that I love.(need to give the the frames some more variation)

I will be working on this next weekend and will be continuing with adding more models.

A would appricate to have some feedback, Thanks

bigger image