ADT vs REVIT

shalesie

crew.... I am a fan of ADT, and use it regularly. Currently though, our offices are currently thinking of upgrading to REVIT. Im not too happy about it as there are a couple of guys at our office (including myself) that know ADT extremely well.

I know there was a reason as to why I chose to work with ADT in the first place rather then REVIT, although i can't remember why now.

Why is ADT better than REVIT... or visa versa ????

I also know ADT extremely well, even I teach it to my other co-workers ...BUT, I am learning revit now by my own...just with the tutorials and the learning curve is very smooth... Now, for me Revit is much better software than ADT for Architects.

No more floor layouts in differents files...sections and elevation just with one chick.

try it...you'll love it for sure

Hi

Like Fernando, I also think REVIT is better and that it is the future as far as an arch solution from ADESK, but...

Like Richard, I also think that if you know ADT so well and feel so good with it - stick with it.

BTW: I just did the ADT to REVIT switch and very happy with it.

Good luck.

Wow wow wow

We may have noticed that the revit section of the forum had been stagnant for quite a while and Richard may have been in vacation because of not so much activity here. I was just surprise that users of other architectural programs, on their own tend to realize the real advantage of Revit as compared to any architectural product in the market today. I was just amazed that even we diehard revit users are not promoting it so much here anymore but still a lot are trying to learn it by themselves.

I myself also an ADT user before but switched to revit much much earlier than the other guys. I've been quite busy in the other thread now augi used to be zoogdesign.

LONG LIVE REVIT and switchers welcome to the future.

Thanks for all your info peoples.....

I must say though, I have no issues with REVIT. The only issue I have is when a director decides to change from ADT to REVIT, without even asking for an opinion from the talented young architects that actually use the product.

But hey, thats just me....

Keep up all of the inspiring work guys

• 4 weeks later...

"I also know ADT extremely well, even I teach it to my other co-workers ...BUT, I am learning revit now by my own...just with the tutorials and the learning curve is very smooth... Now, for me Revit is much better software than ADT for Architects."

I second the fact that Revit is a much better tool for architecture than ADT. easier and more intuitive !

And the fact that everything is in one file seems very appealing to me !

• 1 month later...

I am an Ex ADT guy that switched to Revit. We switched to revit simply because it made more sence than ADT. no more fixing the model, then updating the views. in Revit you simply fix it wherever you are (elevations, sections, 3d etc...) My only drawback is the thought process of drafting simple details in revit. in Revit it is still pretty complicated, to do detailing, I am 10 times faster in CAD. (ACAD does not have any rules it is like anarchy, in Revit the rules are pretty strict) So to solve this problem I do the detailing in ACAD and link it in as a referenced detail in Revit. The cool part about that, is if I modify the cad drawing all I have to do is update the path in revit.

By the way you can also atach a detail number to that and reference that elsewhere in the set. no more checking if someone put the detail on the wrong page. if they did atleast the callout would have the correct location on it.

I also like the fact that you can render in the same program, I know what you are thinking Viz renderes fast and the quality is better. Yes I totally agree with you on that, But with Revit 7.0 you will now be able to export the revit file into Viz and render away. We will not see how that works untill the official release of Revit 7.

My main advice for you if you are switching to Revit from ADT. dont fight with the fact that it is not like ADT, embrace what Revit does do better and run like the wind. I was once in your same boat, (why should I change to revit I already know ADT) now I wonder how I fumbled around with ADT all those years and didn't get frustrated.

P.S. go to http://www.augi.com and go to the revit forums for more info on ADT verses Revit.

For 12 years I have been using Autocad, I´m architect and my office works in several scale proyects, like schools, comercial interiors and stores, supermarkes, etc. For all my previous work I have used Autocad and three months ago I read in Cadalist Magazine an article about Revit. I was trying to migrate from clasis Autocad to Architectural desktop but the process take to much time and did not finf th sofware so easy to use as i expected so i tryed with a Revit 6.1 demo CD. The best way to learn or to test a Software is to really work with it. We start a school proyect 2 month ago and we are finishing now, it has 5.500 square meters (aprx. 59.200 square feets) and only two architect made all the work, i mean, floor plans, elevations, section, details, ceiling reflected plans, etc. It realyy help you and let you spend time in the desing process, not in the "drawing" process. It can´t be compaired with autocad. Autocad is a drawing software, you can use it for anithing you want. Revit is an architectute software, like archicad, developed only for the architects.

I strongly recomend it!!!!!