No reflections on the surface seen behind a window

igorpiwowarczyk

Suppose it was pitch black night outside and your lights are fully on inside. If your 'glass' has reflection, you would see all the interior room lit and reflected on the glass. The brighter the daylight on the outside, the less and less you'll see the now dimly lit objects inside the room.

re·flec·tion

The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it

- the reflection of light

An amount of light, heat, or sound that is thrown back in such a way

- the reflections from the streetlights gave us just enough light

An image seen in a mirror or shiny surface

- Marianne surveyed her reflection in the mirror

Suppose 'Marianne' is standing in front of the same mirror but both the mirror and herself are inside a pitch black room. Would she see her reflection?

I think you misunderstood me. I know about conditions which have to be satisfied to see reflections. I can't see relfections on the surface of the water. I even opened the window so you can compare. When there's nothing on your way you see nice relfection in the water. in another case relfections get lost and water is dark and gloomy.

I don't know the right values for it, and there is a need to balance between them, but I would up your Max Depth values in both your Reflection and Refraction. They default to 5 so maybe try 8 or 10. This controls the number of times a ray can be traced and at 3 panes of glass, each a box with a front and back, that would be 6 for the gass alone. (The numbers may not work that directly, but thats the logic I follow and it seems to workout for me).

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R1/material_params.htm

I hope this helps.