How to get spline segment Length info? Do I have to know how to use Maxscript?

clivengu

I am helping an architect to do some 3d modeling and he needs me to find out the length of each pipes (which I did with Spline)

I try to google for the solution but I could not get the exact answer. Maybe because I have never use Maxscript. I see some people say using "getSegLengths" but I have no idea how to access this and is it under the Maxscript which I have to type in some code for it? I try to google for "getSegLength" tutorial. None comes out as well..

So I have no choice but to seek advice and help from here... Can anyone please give me a simple guide for this? My goal is not to learn maxscript at this point, but to get the length of the segments I need. So any method will do.

Thanks in advance :)

So all you have to do is select your spline and then go to the utilities tab (the last one that looks like a hammer) and click on the measure button. This will give you the length of the selected spline. If you need the segments just explode the spline and do this for each segment. I hope for your sake that there aren't very many, but if there are maybe someone else has a quick script for you.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to use that.. but I have about 100 segments in the object which I need to measure.

Right now I am trying to look for a way to explode the 100 segment to individual objects so i can measure each of them. Is there such an option? Exploding each segments... otherwise I will have to use the detach option and do it one by one....