Exporting PLines to Viz4 Problem

bully712

Hi,

When we had Autocad 2000, I could easily export a polyline, and import that line into Viz 4 with no problem. We now have ADT 2004, and I'm unable to export/import plines. The line exports from ADT with no problem. The problem is when I try importing that line into Viz4. Nothing imports. I use this for railing paths, contours, furniture layouts, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

MAybe I didn't explain myself clearly. I'm not trying to export a 3d form. I'm trying to export a pline (a 2d single line) as a .dwg file, then trying to import that .dwg file into Viz4.

Thanks for a quick response Strat

I hope I make better sense with this explaination

MAybe I didn't explain myself clearly. I'm not trying to export a 3d form. I'm trying to export a pline (a 2d single line) as a .dwg file, then trying to import that .dwg file into Viz4.

Thanks for a quick response Strat

I hope I make better sense with this explaination

no no, you explained yourself clearly the first time, and my reply still stands.

i personally export all my 2d plines out of autocad in DXF format. i find DXF more versetile than DWG. but if you prefer DWG then no problem. just make sure you export in 2000/LT2000 format.

I saved my drawing as an autocad 2000 file and it worked fine. Is it documented anywhere that Viz4 does not read ADT4 objects? If so, is there a version of Viz that ADT 4 works with?

Thanks for your help guys

i dont know whether ADT4 works perfectly with VIZ5 or not, but if not it's really no problem exporting out of ADT4 as 2000/LT2000 format.

AutoDesk are funny buggers when it comes to their DWG formats. even though Viz5 is a sister product they still like to keep the DWG format very much in their exclusive club.

if you dont have Acad2004 or ADT2004 then you'll find their resident DWG formats are useless to anything else but.

OK I got a new problem. I did what you guys told me to do. I saved my drawing to a Autocad2000 file. I did a test and it worked fine. I did the same thing for the project that I'm working on, and all of a sudden it's not working. Is it a bug?

If all else fails, I think I should reinstall 2000 until I convince my boss to upgrade to Viz2005

Marc